Saturday, May 11, 2013

download a simple GEAR spreadsheet

  very simple spreadsheet

This is a very simple spreadsheet for documenting your gear. You can download this from the links at the bottom of the page. Easy-Schmeasy!
Plug in these numbers:
a) clothing worn sub-total 
b) all non-consumable sub-totals by category
c) consumables

Get these numbers:
1) Base-Weight
2) Pack Weight
3) Skin-Out Weight          
_____________________________________
Excel spreadsheet linked HERE
_____________________________________
Mac Numbers spreadsheet linked HERE
_____________________________________

8 comments:

samh said...

That's real simple. I like.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the excel sheet. I think there is a section missing about cooking (like pot,stove,fuel-bottle,spoon,firelighter,..)

I really love your ultralight backpackin' tips book. I thought I might not find a lot of new tips after reading Andrew Skurka's Gearlist but I was pleasantly surprised.

Mike Clelland! said...

The list has been revised and I added cook-gear...

Mike C

Michael Asbell said...

I love the clean, simple spreadsheet, Mike! Thank you. This form is far simpler than a contest winning spreadsheet from another website that I had been using. I have, however, found an error in the Excel version. Using it get my kit together for an upcoming trip I discovered that the subtotal formula for cooking gear is wrong. I could not figure out why my kit was so heavy, so I was actually glad to discover this late last night. Thought you'd want to know.

Michael Asbell said...

I love the clean, simple spreadsheet, Mike! Thank you. This form is far simpler than a contest winning spreadsheet from another website that I had been using. I have, however, found an error in the Excel version. Using it get my kit together for an upcoming trip I discovered that the subtotal formula for cooking gear is wrong. I could not figure out why my kit was so heavy, so I was actually glad to discover this late last night. Thought you'd want to know.

Michael Asbell said...

Sorry for the double comment. The robot catcher kept prompting me to try again.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'd love to try out this spreadsheet, but the links appear to be broken. Anywhere else I can download it?